Strength Training Workshop
Do you want to learn how to use the weights in a gym?
Do you want to feel confident walking in the gym and know what to do?
Do you want to learn the big lifts and build strength?
Do you want to learn how to put a workout together?
I wanted to create a workshop that gave people a chance to learn how to use the free weights in a gym in a private environment and feel confident about doing so.
The gym can be an intimidating place where people fear judgement.
I want everyone to be able to walk in the gym and train with a goal in sight and with confidence.
This workshop is in my home gym in St Leonards, Ringwood and can accommodate 4 people at a time.
The workshop will be over 5 consecutive weeks for an hours session each week.
Sessions will run every Tuesday from 29th March 2022 at 9:30am and 6pm.
- Introduction/safety/moving & loading bars.
- Back squat – What muscles are used/where to feel it
- Depth of squat
- Bar & foot & knee position
- How to adjust for inhibited range
- Different types of squat
- Deadlift – Muscles used/where to feel it
- Hand & foot positioning
- How to hinge/pelvis & back position
- Lat engagement
- How to identify/adjust for inhibited range.
- Using wrist straps
- Different types of deadlift
- Bench Press/Bent Over row
- Muscles used/where to feel it
- Bench positioning & bar height
- Bar positioning/feet & elbow
- Back position
- Dumbbell variations
- Bar trajectory
- Strict press – Muscles used/where to feel it
- Tricep exercises & Upper body
- Difference between strict press & push press
- Pelvis position
- Seated and standing versions of the same exercises.
- Different isolation exercises for shoulders & triceps
- How to put a workout together
- Different types of workout
- What weight to use
- How many sets & reps
- Planning for X2, X3, X4 days a week training
- The importance of rest & recovery
- How to use a foam roller
- Planning training cycles.
The workshop is £125 for 5 weeks.
A non refundable deposit of £25 is required to book and reserve your spot.
You can choose which time slot you want to do, either 9:30am or 6pm.
Each week I will provide you with a learning sheet pdf on everything we have learnt and at the end of the course you will receive a complimentary pair of wrist straps.
There will be support in the form of a private facebook group for everyone to share their questions and findings on the workshop.
It will be a very hands on workshop where you will be practicing and learning from the word go! Please wear suitable layered gym clothing (the gym can be cold) and clean gym trainers.
To reserve your place or ask any questions please email Lauren@laurenfiit.com